Thursday, February 19, 2009

Painting Transformation!

I love painting rooms, although sometimes the rest of the household chores get behind as I get focused on a project. Here's my latest and a few already completed in our new house.





First, the bathroom goes from blah beige to green with glossy stripes. And yes, the stripes were VERY hard. And I felt like giving up. Joe checked my progress at one point and said, "You're only doing this 1 wall right?" Nope, all 4. It was worth the work though. Now, I have some final touches to add (pictures and the kids' silhouettes my mom makes of each of them at 18 mos).





Next up is the family room that I painted a dark blue. I copied an idea from a Pottery Barn magazine. The room has kind of an ocean theme with shells, pictures from the beach, and our family picture on the coast in RI. I LOVE the blue!

I'll have to take a pic of Lilly's room soon. Here it is:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the stripes! Our walls are too textured here to do good stripes, but I wish I could. Love the blue too. Before I moved bedrooms around, the boys' room was navy blue, now only there bathroom is, because it was too much work to do again. I'll have to post a picture of their room. Good choices! Keep up the good work.

Pegrams said...

That bathroom looks fabulous! Your father liked it so much that he asked if we were going to do something like that. Can't wait to see it in person.

Hoovy4 said...

I LOVE the bathroom! I'm re-doing our this weekend, and maybe I'll be ambitious and try stripes.

Quincy Sorensen said...

It is amazing how paint can transform a room. You are a serious professional! Lilly's wall looks ornate and lovely.

Lora Gooch said...

How did you get the glossy stipes using the same color? Looks awesome.

Laura said...

I used the same color of paint. Just did a base coat with a matte finish and then did the stripes with semi-gloss. It turned out really cool...almost looks like a different color.

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Wow, Laura! You are AMAZING! A) I don't have the patience to do what you do and B) I can't get stripes straight to save my life! You've done an amazing job! I DO love the blue in the family room. I think it was very clever to get the idea from Pottery Barn and make it your own! Did you hand-pint the flower/boarder in the pink room. Fantastic.

Betsy said...

Beautiful! I don't know how you find time to do it all. If I could only be like Laura...that's what I say to your mom!

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

You're freakin' amazing! YGG! You Go Girl! Great job!