Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Emily

Funny story about Emily...

Yesterday was a beautiful day, a day when our cul-de-sac is filled with neighborhood children and no one wants to go inside for dinner. Later that night, Emily was trying to accomplish everything that needed to be done before bed--showering, finishing up some homework, reading, and was wishing she was still outside playing. She said to me, "Mom, there just aren't enough hours in the day." I told her I agreed 100%! I can't believe she's already figured this out in 4th grade. The responsibilities in life are just beginning.

Fast forward to this morning. Emily had gotten up early and was ready early even though she had chorus practice before school. I suggested she use her extra time wisely and work on cleaning her room and putting her laundry away. A few minutes later, I hear Cameron in her room and she's directing him on what to do. Then, Dillon joined in on the fun. I walked in to see what was going on only to realize that the 3 of them were busily working away in her room. What had she used as motivation for her brothers? A piece of candy! I guess whatever works. They were all so happy cleaning together. And I thought, "Only Emily would think of something like this!" She is one giant motivator! Why can't I get that to work all the time!?

Love you, Em! I hereby announce you are officially the Queen of our house...

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Emily seems like she is a both a practical and very fun girl. Maybe you could put her in charge of more household tasks? ;)

Lora Gooch said...

It's only a matter of time before we all become the Queen Bee. :)