Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pirate Party...guess who's 4???

Our Dillon turned 4 and we had a little Pirate Party at our house on Saturday. We had a pirate map invitation with burned edges. (I love the internet by the way...I found so many ideas as soon as we took off with the pirate theme.) We made pirate hats, played musical islands, pin the X on the treasure map, and had a treasure hunt. A Pirate cake...















And lots of happy pirates...

Some tidbits about Dillon at age 4: He gets compliments on his hair all the time. A bowl cut and highlights....can't beat it! He's very tall - people think he's in kindergarten, or going next year at least. He likes to wrestle with his daddy and Cameron. He's very sweet to his little sister, Lilly. I was so sad when he moved up to Sunbeams. They were together for a few weeks in Nursery and he was helping her be happy. He has graduated from Speech therapy...yippee! He loves to ride his bike, play Legos, make forts, and play castle and pirates. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He calls his pirate telescope a "sceletope"! He says many funny things as you can see on the sidebar. Most of the quotes are from Dillon.
Most of all, we all love you so much Dillon! You are a sweet boy!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Potatoe Heads!! Pretty cool. He looks very happy too. I also would like to compliment Dillan on his hair. It's so thick too ;D

pat pegram said...

That cake is very yummy looking. How did you come up with all of this stuff? Very creative!!!

Lora Gooch said...

I can't believe how big he is. LOVE the cake!

Unknown said...

We made that same cake for a pirate party for Keller's 7th b-day I think. Isn't it cute? Your's turned out really well. Looks like a fun party. I love the internet too. That's where I get all of my "creativity". I just try to take all of the credit.

Mike and Dave said...

Hi,

How is everyone? I've been stalking you on your blog lol. It's amazing to see how the kids have grown. We miss you alot and send our thoughts and prayers your way. Shoot me an e-mail some time, I'd love to catch up.

Mike

Raych the brain Stangle said...

oh my gosh I'm so jealous! the whole massive set of potato gear! lucky boy!

Laura said...

Yeah, that Mr. Potato Head set was pretty cool. We found it on clearance on Amazon. It had a pirate, birthday, and a regular set of accessories. He LOVES it!

AceMott6 said...

Great job on the cake! I've seen that one many times, but I've never been brave enough to attempt it!