Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lilly is a true girl

One of Lilly's favorite things to do with her sister, Emily, is to get her toenails painted. While everyone was downstairs getting ready for dinner, Lilly apparently decided to take matters into her own hands for the first time.
I realized it when she called for mom and held her hands out at me through the banister on the stairs. When I came to her, her fingers looked like this...
And her toes looked like this...
When I went up to my bathroom, the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. There was some nail polish on the bathroom floor and the toilet and a little on the stairs. And the nail polish was not in an easily accessible spot. Let's just say she did some climbing and maneuvering to get to it. Amazingly, she painted every single toenail and fingernail all by herself! And didn't even get any on her Sunday dress. What an independent little girl!

Here's her "I'm tired and I just got caught" pose...
And here's her "Look what fun I had" pose...
The kids are tracked out and we're looking forward to 3 weeks of fall fun! I'll post a little more often to show our adventures. Thank goodness I have my energy back for them.

2 comments:

pat pegram said...

Looks like a bad bicycle wreck to me. Nice mug shot, too. Same look an old girl gave me one night on a DWI arrest. Dad

Quincy Sorensen said...

That Lilly is so very cute! I am VERY impressed with her nail polish abilities . . . you should have her paint yours next time! :)