Friday, March 5, 2010

If you love Girl Scout cookies...

You must make these!!!

After we got a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies that lasted maybe 2 days with all of us munching on them, I said to Joe there has got to be a recipe online that someone has come up with for Girl Scout cookies. Specifically I wanted to make something similar to Samoas, my all time favorite! Something about that combo of coconut, caramel, and chocolate. Yum! (Yes, this is definitely a pregnant woman talking!)

I found a link on how to make the Samoas cookies. The cookies look quite complicated and since I was just going for taste, I liked their alternative to make Samoas cookie bars. I just made them last night for Joe's team at work. They are unbelievable, and I am making another batch today for us.


My one discovery in making these was that it was hard to dip the bottom of the bars in the chocolate. The coconut/caramel topping was starting to separate from the shortbread crust and it was getting messy. My solution: I just held the bar over the bowl of chocolate and used a spoon to slather it on the bottom. I used a plastic bag to pipe out the melted chocolate to drizzle the top.

I also see links to other Girl Scout cookie recipes. I'm sure they must be just as good! Happy baking!!!

4 comments:

jeannie said...

OH my goodness. I may post this link on fb later today when I have time. I have seen several comments on how much people love the Samoas. They look delish!

HanksFam said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Samoas are my favorite, too. Thanks!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Yum yum yum! This pregnant person can't wait to make and eat these treats.

Lora Gooch said...

M-U-S-T have chocolate!