Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Isn't it amazing how life goes along in a same-old, same-old way and then all of a sudden a lot of things start changing all at once? Well, within 2 days I found out that Dillon's very far-sighted and that it was time for Emily to get braces (although I knew that one was coming). Here's Dillon sporting his new glasses....

They weren't my favorite frames he tried on, but he liked these the best and they were the most comfortable for him. The lenses are so thick. :( I picked them up right before he was done with preschool, and the whole ride home he kept saying things like, "Hey, I can see those trees now!" "I can see that house now." "Lilly has more hair!" It's really amazing. I'm so glad he has a few months to adjust to them before Kindergarten starts. I think he looks so cute!


Emily just got her braces today! Sore but kind of cool and exciting at the same time. :)

Lilly is also talking away! Her language is exploding and I couldn't be happier after experiencing toddler/preschool life with 2 boys who didn't have this explosion so early. I love hearing her talk! She can now say Emily, Cameron, Dillon, and Lilly clearly. That's a lot of L's to pronounce. She called Emily "Emmay" and Dillon "Di Di" for a long time. She never really attempted Cameron or Lilly. Every day there is something new she says. "I love you" is my favorite.

Cameron is our only constant around here. I can't think of any big changes for him. Just has his infectious smile and non-stop energy still. He did get daddy to cut a semi-mohawk the last time he got his haircut.

Speaking of changes, I'm 37 weeks and getting close. Our life is about to really change!!! I'm so anxious to find out if this is a boy or girl now.

4 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I can't believe you have a child with BRACES! Wow! Both Emily and Dillon are very cute with their changes. I hope you are feeling well, and I can't wait to hear how the next few weeks go! GOOD LUCK!

Unknown said...

That's a lot to handle all at once. Good luck with the baby by the way!

Unknown said...

Wilson was the same way when he finally got glasses! He was amazed a felt he had new acute super senses or something. It's very exciting ;D

Katherine Earl said...

Good luck with the next few weeks! March is our month crammed with birthdays. We have four within two weeks.

I remember how different everything looked when I finally got my glasses, too.