Friday, June 12, 2009

10 Years and Counting...

Last night, Joe and I were able to attend a service recognition night for Fidelity Investments to honor Joe's upcoming anniversary of 10 years with them. It was at the Umstead Hotel in Cary...very nice! I was able to meet some of Joe's colleagues and the food was divine! Usually, spouses are not able to attend events, so this was a treat.

I can't believe 10 years have passed since Joe first started his daily "T" ride up to Boston's World Trade Center. A lot has changed in his career in those years, and our family has quadrupled. I'm so grateful for Joe's hard work and the dedication he shows to his job and company. Staying at a company this long is starting to become unheard of, but we have been blessed with a company that provides awesome benefits and opportunities to its employees.

Joe works hard to support our family, and I'm so grateful that his hard work has enabled me to be home raising our children for the past 10 years. Thanks, Joe, for your hard work to provide for our family!

4 comments:

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Laura, wonderful post! It's so refreshing to hear of women who appreciate the hard work their husbands do every day. Men, as well as women, have so many pressures on them to provide (especially in this difficult economy). It's nice to be appreciated and I'm sure you make Joe feel it every day! You guys are great and I'm happy things are going well for your family!

Unknown said...

I am with you on the gratitude for a husband who provides so well for his family. Thanks for the reminder.

Hoovy4 said...

10 years is quite an achievement. Your post has inspired me to thank Dave for all of his hard work, as well.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Congratulations! This really is a great achievement. Times passes so quickly. (Kirk has been at NASA a little over 9 years.)