Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lilly is 2!

It's amazing how quickly 2 years can fly by when we have such a lovely addition to our family! Lilly is 2 today. I think it's kind of neat that she can share her birthday with daddy's Father's Day. She brings such joy and happiness to so many. I wish I could freeze time and keep her at this age forever.

Things I want to remember about Lilly being 2:
  • She wakes up so happy in the morning.
  • She calls Dillon "Di-Di" and he calls her "Baby" because Lilly used to be hard to say. Emily calls her "Bubba." G-daddy calls her "Lil' Eve." Grampa calls her Lillian.
  • She likes to wrestle and plays Legos with her brothers, but then will play dress-up and get her toes painted with Emily the next minute.
  • She loves to give hugs and kisses.
  • She's fearless...She wants to ride the plasma car, ride the big swings (not the baby swing), and wants to sit in the big chairs.
  • She's so excited when the bus brings her brother and sister home from school. She starts waving right away.
  • She has the best little friendships already with her little buddies.
  • She wants to use the potty...we'll be working on that one.

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Happy birthday, Lilly! She is CUTE CUTE CUTE!

(Tara called me yesterday and told me about the wonderful visit with you and your family. It made me happy to hear firsthand how you and Joe are doing.)

Lisa said...

Awww, happy birthday to your little girl, she's adorable!

Lora Gooch said...

I can't believe you've been gone for 2 years already. I love the picture. Such a cute smile.