Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What I'm Thankful For...Our home, neighborhood, and cul-de-sac


I'm so thankful for our home that fits our family's needs, for a neighborhood full of children and families, and for a cul-de-sac where the children play all day.

At any given time there can be 20-30 kids all playing together in the cul-de-sac. Riding bikes, kickball, jumprope, hide and seek, raking people's leaves, and nerf gun wars are constant activities. I'm so grateful that on a holiday like yesterday, we just headed out in the afternoon and visited with neighbors and the kids played all day! It is truly a blessing to live here. We were definitely guided to this home. The hard part, I discovered yesterday, is getting them home for dinner....Cameron was not a happy boy.


A view of the cul-de-sac from the back of our car during our house-hunting trip.

1 comment:

April said...

What fun! I love my neighbohood and house too, but we miss you guys and others from RI. It sounds like a lot of fun. I love the sound of kids playing together outside.