Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Week at the Beach

We visited Long Beach, NC for a week along with my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and 2 of my cousins. Highlights of the week...


The beach house (Water's Edge) and set-up on the beach

Cameron found his hidden talent...riding the skim board. He loves skateboards and seems to have the right balance for it. In the back is my cousin Alison's dog, Luca. The kids loved Luca and Lilly learned her name. She walked around saying "Luca" a lot. Right now she's sitting on my lap going crazy over seeing her in the picture.

Here's a video of Cam on the skim board. A man down the beach was doing it, too, and was really good. He gave Cameron some lessons and showed him how to even do a spin while on it. Cameron figured that out fast, but we didn't capture it on video.


We love visiting "the point" of Oak Island. I love how Dillon's trying to figure out what to do with his fingers from his older brother and sister. At low tide there were lots of pools Lilly could wade in without waves. Emily, Cameron, and Daddy crossed the water to go to a little island. I love how it looks like Dillon's saying, "No, don't go!" in this picture. We saw the sand dredger at the point, too.






















I love going to the same quiet beach every year with our family. Love the taste of some fried seafood and homemade peach ice cream. Thanks, Mamaw and Papaw for a wonderful week at the beach!

2 comments:

Lora Gooch said...

It looks really pretty there. I think NC is really pretty. Looks like Cameron has a new hobby.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Your annual beach trip sounds like a very special tradition. I really enjoy having these little glimpses into your life. :)